Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fun Camp! 2B-KMUTT

One day, my teacher made an announcement that there will be like a science camp in one of the best university in Thailand. The university is King Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi. At first, i was a bit confused about should i join  this camp or not because i was afraid to left the school behind. But, my mom said that it will becoming a great experience in your life that I will never forget. So, after a discussion, i decided to join the camp. If i want to joined this camp, i had to make an essay about myself, curriculum vitae, and filled out the applications. There was nine students fom 3 Senior Highschool that joined, it was me, afifah, irma, zia, fia, hana, rheza, farhan ,and ari. On 13th of March, after all of the preparations, we wnt from Bandung to Jakarta because the filght will be from Soekarno-Hatta airport. We took of from Jakarta to Thailand in the morning, so we arrived at Thailand in the afternoon.  When we arrived in Thailand, we got a big welcome from the staff of the camp that picked up us there. They was very nice. They gave us souvenir as a welcomed and we took a photo.
After they picked up us from the airport, they took us to the university. On the way there we enjoyed the view of the road in Thailand. It is pretty same with Jakarta. the weather wa very hot. In the car, the committee ask our name and they intoduce  themselves. In thailand, we call the senior with “P”. and they have nicknames. They have nicknames because thir name was hard and long.
After an hour, we arrived at the university. It was big. As soon as we arrived, they accompanied us to the dorm. We arrived one day before the camp start, so we dont have any activities that day. At night, we had a dinner with the admission of the university. The participant from outside of Thailand is Indonesia and Myanmar. We acquinted each other. The dinner is to welcomed us there.


The next day, we we woke up in the morning because last night the staff said that there will be an opening ceremony. The Thailand students had just came on this day. In the opening ceremony, there was the Ministry of Education Of Thailand present. After the opening ceremony, we had a fun activities. We played games and they will gave us a choreography, i dont know what that for, but at night i figured it out. Actually if the camp started, there will be like ceremony like dancing. it was fun.

The camp is called 2B-KMUTT camp. At there i got a Thailand's name. It was angun. It means grape. I dont know why they gave me that name, but i kinda loved it hehe.

When I was there, because it was a science camp, They told us to make a project. I was in Department of Microbiology. My researched is about protein. I got many knowledge there from the professor and seniors. It was kind of pre-university. I learned about how to be a college students. It was hard but i got a new and interesting experience.

In this camp, after we learned and experimented anything about our project, there will be a final presentation, The best student in each department will have a gift. I was really nervous back then, but i think i did pretty well.

At the last moment, we had a farewell party. We danced again. I think Thai's people love to dance. At the las night, we had a farewell by dancing and singing. At midnight, the staff circle around with candles and we will came to them to get a bracelet and they will told us what they think about us. It was really sad. I was crying. I got many bracelet. After that we they like read an oath for us and from that we officially became a part of the 2b-KMUTT camp. 

On our last day, we had a formal closing ceremony with the Ministry of Education Thailand. They announce the best presentation too. I did not receive it, but Ari it did. We were all happy for him.

We went to the airport after said all the teary goodbye, with 3 of the staff and the admissions. We got back to Indonesia at night.

It was a really great experience that I will never forget for sure. I had a lot of new friends from outside the country,more knowledge, and a very very incredible memories. I hped i can go back there to see all of my friends there from Thailand and Myanmar, and of course all of the staff that always accompanied us everywhere. I was very happy to met them all.




























No comments:

Post a Comment